Monday, June 15, 2015

Patron Picks! Summer Reading 2015 - Week 1

Posted by Anonymous



The Summer Reading Program has begun at the Yuma County Library District! Patrons ages 18+ who sign up are invited to submit book reviews to be featured here on the Yuma Staff Picks blog. Thanks to everyone who submitted a review and shared what you've been reading.

"Check out" this week's patron reviews below - and then check out one of these books from your local library!

Reviewed By: Jennifer B.
What I Read: Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich
Find it at YCLD: Here!
What I ThoughtIt was a good murder mystery read. Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter and she is hunting down a guy named Kenny Mancuso. Stephanie Plums' grandma, grandma Mazur had her hand hurt by Kenny Mancuso with an ice pick and now she is missing. She was last seen going into the funeral home. This book is book number two in a series of Janet Evanovich books and now I am trying to read the rest of the series of books.

Reviewed By: Alejandra E.
What I Read: Sopa de Pollo Para El Alma de La Mujer by Mark Victor Hansen (ed.)
Find it at YCLD: Here!
What I Thought: Beautifull stories, heart touching.

Reviewed By: Alejandra E.
What I Read: Una buena mujer by Danielle Steel
Find it at YCLD: Here!
What I Thought: Good book Like it will check out more books from same writter this weekend. l'm really enjoying reading with my son this summer.

Reviewed By: Alejandra E.
What I Read: Sopa de Pollo Para El Alma De La Madre by Mark Victor Hansen (ed.)
Find it at YCLD: Here!
What I Thought: Love those stories, as mother makes you think and appreciate more how fortunate l am.

Reviewed By: Tracy W.
What I Read: Veggie Meals by Rachael Ray
Find it at YCLD: Here!
What I Thought: Great book for any one. I liked the 3 Bean Soup & Spinach Pesto. They were quick & easy to fix. They taste great and I can't wait recheck it, to make more.

Reviewed By: Tracy W.
What I Read: Vegetarian Rice Cuisine by Jay Solomon
Find it at YCLD: Here!
What I Thought: The recipes are great & easy to fix. I loved the New Mexico Red Chili Rice. There are so many rice dishes to choose from in this book. Awesome

Reviewed By: Tracy W.
What I Read: Seriously....I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres
Find it at YCLD: Here!
What I Thought: Awesome book. I have never had so much fun reading a book. I laugh almost the whole time. It is so good my teens loved it. 
Everyone Must Read!!!!

Reviewed By: Diane N.
What I Read: Close Your Eyes by Iris & Ray Johansen
Find it at YCLD: Here!
What I Thought: A great mystery. As a former San Diego County resident, I enjoyed the accuracy of the various San Diego locations described.
The story had a lot of intrigue and twists. I look forward to reading more with Kendra Michaels. I believe she's up there with old Sherlock himself.

Reviewed By: Chandra M.
What I Read: Paper Towns by John Green
Find it at YCLD: Here!
What I Thought: I loved the message of "paper" towns and how easily they are forgotten or wasted away.
I was intrigued by Margo's disappearance and how clues were in "paper towns" along the way. The feelings of these Senior students also brought home some understandings of how my own personal life and the hardships they still need to perceive and experience. I'm excited for the movie to watch it portrayed on the big screen.

Reviewed By: Jenna M.
What I Read: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Find it at YCLD: Here!
What I Thought: This book is a Harry Potter's best friend's cousin! I loved the similarities with a right amount of differences.
Great mix of fantasy, magic and drama all wrapped in a heart pounding adventure!
A must read for dire hard HP fans!

Want to submit your own review? Sign up for Adult SRP at any Yuma County Library and ask for a form! Or submit a review online here. Happy summer, and happy reading!

0 comments: