Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Stradford Zoo Midnight Revue Presents Macbeth by Ian Lendler and Zack Giallongo

Posted by Bryan Summers


Reviewed by: Bryan Summers

What I Read: The Stratford Zoo Midnight Revue Presents Macbeth  by Ian Lendler and Zack Giallongo

Find It @YCLD: Here!


What It's About: After the Stratford Zoo closes, the animals perform Macbeth.  Macbeth is a lion.  Lady Macbeth is cheetah.  King Duncan is an owl.  The audience is comprised of lemurs, crocodiles, an elephant that stands up and blocks everyone’s view at the worst time.   This is a graphic novel for all ages.

What I Thought: If you love Shakespeare, you will love this.  If you don’t love Shakespeare I’m still pretty sure you’ll love this.  It is funny and clever. It doesn’t scrimp on the horror (and boy, does Shakespeare’s Macbeth have a lot of horror) but it makes it strange and family appropriate.   Macbeth, being a lion, eats all of his foes and uses ketchup.  So Lady Macbeth can’t get the ketchup stains from her hands. 


Last night my children read it and re-read it. This morning before school they asked me to read it to them again.   I might purchase it for my family’s library.


Readalikes: Bone by Jeff Smith, Tommysaurus Rex by Doug Tennapel

Or look this book up on NoveList!

0 comments: