Monday, July 11, 2016

Patron Picks! Summer Reading 2016 - Week 5

Posted by Anonymous


There's one more week to participate in the Adult Summer Reading Program at the Yuma County Library District! Sign up at any library to receive a Reading Log. Read three books (or attend library programs) to be entered in a drawing to win a Kindle Fire. Complete a Reading Championship Challenge for another shot at the prize. Or write a book review for a chance at a gift card! Here's this week's entries:

Reviewed By: Mary H.
What I Read: That Summer by Lauren Willig
Find It @ YCLD: Here!
What I Thought: This book was about a young woman as just pieces together her past. It was a light read for me and I enjoyed it.

Reviewed By: Wendy P.
What I Read: Rena Drake by Liliana Hart
What I ThoughtThis book has a strong main character. Action packed with a reluctant love interest and internal conflicts from distinctional family members definitely keeps you turning pages. Oh by the way did I mention the main characters are dragons?!

Reviewed By: Wendy P.
What I Read: The Dragon and the Princess by Jo Beverley
What I ThoughtA joy to read. A very creative blend of Renascence type settings mixed with the authors own dragon creation. Great read with minimal sex scenes and a focus on honoring one's commitments to the greater good of others verses self.

A big "thank you" to everyone who's sent a review thus far. How many can we get for our last week?

0 comments: